Five star housebuilder, David Wilson Homes North East, recently taught local school children at Green Lane CE Primary School the importance of health and safety on construction sites. The housebuilder, which has the Five Acres development on Green Lane in Barnard Castle, took part in an assembly at the school to deliver educational talks and presentations.
- During the run up to the school summer holidays, David Wilson Homes reached out to schools around its developments in the region, in order to support them in educating pupils on how to stay safe around ongoing building works.
- Over 200 pupils at Green Lane CE Primary School attended a special school assembly held by Chris Coatsworth, Site Manager at Five Acres, where the children learnt about the dangers and hazards of construction sites, as well as the importance of health and safety.
- During the educational talk, Chris included information on safety warning signs and building site machinery. The children also got the chance to get kitted out in protective clothing, high vis, hard hats, goggles, ear protectors, dust masks and steel toecap boots.
- Located in Barnard Castle, the new Five Acres development offers a range of two, three, four and five bedroom homes. Each home will see a modern and thoughtful design perfect for new and growing families in the area.
- To find our more about the Five Acres development go to: https://www.dwh.co.uk/new-homes/durham/H647701-Five-Acres/
Chris Coatsworth, Site Manager at David Wilson Homes commented: “The importance of health and safety on and around our development sites is something we feel needs to be shared with the community and especially school children. The pupils really engaged with the assembly and were keen to learn more about the subject, which was really great to see.”
Anthea Enzor, School Business Manager at Green Lane CE Primary School said: “We are very grateful for David Wilson Homes coming and leading an assembly for the children. Gary and Chris did a fantastic job in covering all aspects of health and safety on site and the children took away some important lessons for when they find themselves near construction sites.”