NORTH EAST-headquartered leisure operator Cairn Group has launched its own national awards programme to recognise its talented workforce.
The first-ever Cairn Group Awards have taken place celebrating the achievements of individuals across the group’s UK-wide hotel portfolio.
11 of the company’s stars took home honours across categories including Team Work Award, Outstanding Leadership, Outstanding Guest Experience, Newcomer of the Year and Outstanding Achievement.
Employees throughout the group had the power to nominate a colleague, and a panel of judges from the senior management team shortlisted three people per category. The winners were revealed at a gala awards dinner at Royal Station Hotel.
Those shortlisted employees also attended two days of personal development activities in Newcastle where they learned about behaviour styles based on their personality, had the opportunity to give feedback on the group and even had time to explore the city.
Richard Adams, HR director at Cairn Group said: “There are many awards that highlight the best companies to work for, but we wanted to create something personal for our people to recognise and celebrate hard work and success stories within the business. Cairn Group Awards does exactly that and we are thrilled to have announced our first-ever winners.
“Going the extra mile to exceed guest expectations and support team members are qualities we champion and what better way to be thanked for a job well done than with an award. We hope to make the awards an annual event and get bigger and better each time. On behalf of the group I’d like to once again congratulate all our nominees and winners!”
Cairn Group Awards sponsors included, Brakes, Heineken, Flow Hospitality, IG Group, Complete Business Solutions, Matthew Clark, Moorepay, Lifetime Training, Moët Hennessy, UKCS, Hewlett Packard, and Recruit Genie.
- Team Work Award – Olivier Laurens, Cairn Group Head Office
- Business Focus Award – Claire Davies, DoubleTree by Hilton Newcastle International Airport
- Vibrant Award – Enrique Montoro Blasco, Hotel Indigo Princes Street
- People Centred Award – Matthew Woodall, Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
- Outstanding Leadership – Kimberley Barnett, Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
- Outstanding Guest Experience – Colm Ryan, DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Queensferry Crossing
- Newcomer of the Year – Thomas Berry, Holiday Inn Newcastle Jesmond
- Outstanding Achievement – Lynn Hardaker, Cairn Group Head Office
- General Manager of the Year – Stewart Bond, Stirling Highland Hotel
- Rising Star Award – Nicola Morris, Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
- Unsung Hero Award – Michael Noble, Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel
For more information on Cairn Group visit www.cairnhotelgroup.com.