Groundwork North East & Cumrbia will be delivering a series of Community Learning courses across Middlesbrough during May and June which is a perfect time to look at enhancing your skills in a specific area. Each day course takes 5 hours to complete and offers people and opportunity to develop their skills through fun, practical and interactive activities.
To take part in any of the course you need to be over 19 years of age and live in Middlesbrough. Courses can be organised for groups and individuals. For further information please contact Helen Towes at Groundwork on 01642 815663.
An innovative and practical session giving tips of how to improve family play time, the importance of play in every child’s development and its benefits both in the short term and long term. Learners will gain valuable skills to:
- improve their confidence in trying new activities with their children
- Consider health and safety in the activities
- Implement a range of play techniques and activities
- Initiate learning through play
Get Stuck In
Based on environmental conservation skills, the course is designed to encourage people to get involved in their local community spaces whilst learning new skills that can be used to continue volunteering or to improve skills for employment. The course covers:-
- Practical skills such as the basics of environmental management and how to plant trees, shrubs and wildflowers.
- Build confidence, communication and team work
Learners will learn the basics of gardening and horticulture. Learners will gain valuable skills to:
- The importance of ground preparation before planting
- How to make free plants, by division, cuttings or sowing seeds