- Latest version of Renault’s flagship SUV
- Choice of two new powerful and efficient Blue dCi engines
- Refreshed exterior design with even more distinctive styling, plus new alloy wheel designs and additional colour options
- Upgraded R-LINK 2 infotainment with full screen Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Enhanced interior with new high-grade materials for increased premium feel
- Full suite of advanced safety technologies, including autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection and adaptive cruise control
- Outstanding on and off-road performance thanks to availability of intelligent All Mode 4×4 i four-wheel drive and excellent ground clearance
- Standard Pure Vision LED headlamps that offer 20 percent more light than traditional lights
- Renault EasyLife line-up of Iconic and GT-Line models
- One of Renault’s biggest selling models, with over 100,000 examples sold globally in 2018
- UK pricing to be announced in July with first customer deliveries in October
Renault has announced a refreshed and updated version of the Koleos large SUV, featuring new engines, enhanced looks and a host of technology upgrades. Building on the success of the original model, which was launched in 2017 and amassed 100,000 sales globally in 2018, the new Koleos delivers even greater performance and efficiency, plus improved comfort, refinement and premium appeal.
At the heart of the changes are the addition of two new diesel engines, which offer more performance and lower emissions than the unit they replace. The 1.8-litre 150PS Blue dCi 150 is available in front-wheel drive only and emits just 143g/km of CO2, while the larger 2.0-litre 190PS Blue dCi 190 returns an impressively low 150g/km of CO2.
Both engines have been tuned for greater refinement and even stronger real-world acceleration, with maximum torque (340Nm Blue dCi 150 and 380 Nm for the Blue dCi 190) being delivered at just 1,750rpm. X-Tronic continuously variable transmission is standard across the range, while the Blue dCi 190 is fitted with Renault’s intelligent All Mode 4×4-i for assured on-road handling and impressive capability off-road.
Elsewhere, subtle styling changes to the front and rear of the Koleos give it a more assertive presence on the road, while the distinctive and highly effective Pure Vision LED headlamps are now standard across the range. There’s a more prominent grille, new chrome trim and larger skid plates. Enhancements to the rear of the Koleos mirror those at the front, with a bigger skid plate, extra chrome trim and a bigger high-level brake light that complements the 3D effect Edge Light tail lamps. Finally, there are new two-tone alloy wheels, while ‘Vintage Red’ metallic joins the extensive colour palette.
Inside, the Koleos retains its class leading passenger space and refinement, while improved soft touch materials and revised satin trim inserts add further premium appeal. Rear seat passenger comfort is also improved, with the addition of a two-stage reclining seat back on all models.
Safety and technology receive a boost, with the Koleos’ already comprehensive suite of driver aids now strengthened with the introduction of a pedestrian detection function for the Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS). This follows the addition of standard adaptive cruise control late last year.
Renault’s intuitive R-LINK 2 touch screen infotainment system has been further improved by the addition of a full screen function Apple CarPlay. This applies to both the seven-inch and 8.7-inch screens.
In line with Renault’s new EasyLife model strategy, the Koleos is available in Iconic and GT-Line trim levels, both of which come lavishly equipped. Standard features across the range include LED headlamps, adaptive cruise control, dual zone climate control, keyless entry, ambient interior lighting, hands-free parking and a reversing camera.
UK prices of the new Koleos will be revealed in July, with the first deliveries to customers in October.