A series of free events will give farmers, landowners, forestry and woodland managers, and others interested in rural matters, opportunity to hear the latest information on business grants, forthcoming regulatory changes and best farming practises.
In addition to a host of rural sector organisations, we will be joined by Philip Wright of Wright Resolutions, who brings with him a wealth of experience as an agricultural machinery designer of precision tillage equipment. Philip’s talk will discuss achieving the most economic combination of roots and metal to optimise crop yield and efficiency in cultivations.
The Farm Update North 2018 events will take place in Hexham, Alnwick and Rushyford, near Bishop Auckland featuring speakers from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), the Environment Agency, the Farming Advice Service, Forestry Commission, Natural England, Northumbrian Water and Wright Resolutions.
Each event will feature topical presentations, as well as an opportunity for attendees to speak with representatives of the organisations.
The presentations will include:
· The most economic combination of roots and metal (Philip Wright, Wright Resolutions)
· Overview of Rural Development Funding (DEFRA)
· Countryside Stewardship Overview (Natural England)
· Countryside Stewardship Grants, including Woodland Management/Creation and non RDPE Woodland Creation Grants (Forestry Commission)
· Water Industry and Agriculture Update (Northumbrian Water)
· Cross Compliance in a Time of Transition (Ian Cairns, Farming Advice Service)
· Protecting Our Water Environment – What’s New In 2018 (Environment Agency)
The events all run from 10am to 1.30pm at:
· Hexham Mart, Tynedale Suite, Tyne Green, Hexham NE46 3SG, on Tuesday, January 30.
· Alnwick Rugby Club, Greensfield Avenue, Alnwick NE66 1BE, on Wednesday, January 31.
· Eden Arms Hotel, Rushyford DL17 0LL, on Thursday, February 1.
The events are free and all bookings include lunch. To book a place, e-mail email@example.com or call 01748 907070.