Newcastle promises to offer more than ever before to locals and visitors in 2018. There are many exciting developments in progress making a fantastic addition to the city and its economy. Local letting agents in Newcastle are delighted at this news which is sure to benefit the people and companies who call this vibrant area of the North East, home.
Here are just five of the new developments happening in 2018:-
- A beach in the city. The Quayside Seaside is back so prepare a picnic, relax and enjoy the summer at this inviting beach in the city. With palm trees, soft white sand and a great atmosphere, the pop-up beach is the place to be. There will be activities and events for everyone including a special children’s play area. Try the fish and chips, halloumi fries and Cajun cod at the Little Fishy restaurant, an award-winning eatery in 2017.
- Newcastle Science Park. Developers have already completed quite a few buildings at Newcastle University that will be known as Science Central. Planning permission has been granted for a 12-storey office block which will provide over 900 jobs on site. An aparthotel is also in the pipeline close to the site which would create even more jobs.
- Indigo Park. On the A1 close to Gosforth Park, the Indigo Park will be situated on an 82-acre site on Sandy Lane. Developed by North Tyneside Council, more than 1.3m sq ft of distribution space and new manufacturing is going to be created. This will provide an additional 1,500 jobs for the city and surrounding areas.
- The North East’s Screen on the Green. Booked for another return, the Screen on the Green is a summer cinema held outdoors. Sporting events and blockbuster films are going to be shown. Relax on a deckchair, enjoy a bag of popcorn and see movies with a difference. Hang out with friends, keep the kids entertained and watch one of your favourite films at Screen on the Green.
- White Hart Yard. This area in Newcastle’s Cloth Market is full of historic buildings covering more than 30,000 sq ft of listed properties. Redevelopment has started which will eventually comprise of different zones for visitors to explore. A superb range of bars and restaurants along with a paved outside area is planned, all linked by bridges.
There’s lots going on in Newcastle during 2018. It’s going to be one of the most-visited cities in the UK, a hub of activity. The Great Exhibition of the North is being held here this year, Northumberland and Blackett Street are to be transformed while a revamp of the Bigg Market is on the cards.
One of the most anticipated events in Newcastle is the reopening of Northumberland Baths. The baths are being restored and updated to include a new city pool as well as Turkish Baths. This Grade II listed building will also have treatment rooms, a new spa, exercise studios, fitness suite and a café.
Make sure you visit the new city centre garden in 2018. The garden is being created outside the Union Rooms pub near to the Central Station. There will be benches and flower beds for people to enjoy, a wonderful place to relax.