In order to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, the kettle will be on at Barratt Developments Yorkshire East’s head office this Friday, 29th September, where staff will be offering delicious cakes and baked goods in return for donations. In preparation for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning this week, staff at the leading housebuilder have revealed their hot drink preferences and give advice on how to make the best cuppa.
- A new survey of Barratt/David Wilson site managers confirmed that a good brew is an important part of the day.
- However, coffee is now the preferred beverage of builders, with 48% of staff who took part in the survey choosing it to start the day.
- Only 2% of respondents opted for a fruit tea as their cuppa of choice.
- They also revealed their top advice for making the best brew in time for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, which is when making tea to add the hot water first and then leave the tea bag in for between 30 seconds and a minute.
- A resounding 62% said this makes the very best tea.
- Other tips include always using fresh water, stirring in both directions, squeezing the tea bag and sipping gently – with some even saying the secret to making a good brew is to do it with love and patience!
- When it comes to what biscuit to have with tea or coffee, the traditional choices of Chocolate Hobnob and Chocolate Digestives were the runaway favourites, with a whopping 43% of respondents choosing one or other of them.
- Only 1% of site managers opted for the Jammie Dodger as their biscuit of choice.
- There was also a clear winner when it comes to the critical question of whether to dunk or not – with 70% opting to dunk.
- To find out more about the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning please visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.
Paul Newman, Managing Director at Barratt Developments Yorkshire East, said:
“Our hard-working staff want to do something a little different on their tea break on Friday and holding a communal coffee morning and bake sale is a great way to show our support for the valuable work being done by Macmillan Cancer Support.
“We want to help Macmillan raise as much money as they can to support those who are affected by cancer, and we encourage everyone to join in and do the same, so that together we can make the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning even bigger and better than ever.”
Gemma Shaw, New Business Manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said:
“There are now 2.5 million people in the UK living with cancer. By 2030, it will be 4 million people, and Macmillan Cancer Support wants to be there for them all.
“Having a Coffee Morning is the perfect chance to catch up over a cuppa, enjoy some delicious treats and help Macmillan be there for people facing cancer. Whether you’ve baked beautiful brownies or a nearly perfect Pavlova, you’re helping Macmillan provide practical and emotional support for people who are facing a truly frightening time.
“We are so pleased to hear that Barratt Developments Yorkshire East are taking part this year, their support means so much to us, and allows Macmillan to continue funding services in every community across the UK. A huge thank you to everyone taking part, every penny raised makes a difference.”