- Hyundai Motor UK and Chelsea FC have teamed up to create a new content series called ‘Home Advantage’.
- Launching today, the six-week content series will help aspiring footballers throughout the UK to develop their skills at home during the lockdown period.
- Each week a new episode will be posted online via Chelsea’s social media channels, featuring Chelsea players introducing their favourite drill or skill, and Chelsea Foundation coaches providing tips, challenges and examples for children to practice at home.
- Families encouraged to film and share their attempts on social media using #HyundaiFC for the chance to win some prizes.
- The first video ‘Home Advantage: Dribbling’, that’s based on Chelsea players’ favourite drills and features Chelsea stars Christian Pulisic and Michy Batshuayi, can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2rYEmZgeA
High Wycombe, 22 April – Chelsea FC’s Christian Pulisic and Michy Batshuayi feature in Hyundai’s ‘Home Advantage’ content series to help young fans develop their football skills during the lockdown.
Hyundai Motor UK, Chelsea FC’s global automotive partner, has teamed up with the club to launch Hyundai FC ‘Home Advantage’, a new content series to help budding footballers throughout the UK develop their skills during the Covid-19 lockdown.
The first video, ‘Home Advantage: Dribbling’, is based on Chelsea players’ favourite drills and features Chelsea stars Christian Pulisic and Michy Batshuayi. As the Chelsea foundation coaches take young viewers through four different types of dribbling drills, each one a must for any young player – ideal for children and families during this lockdown period.
The full video and a short one minute video can be viewed here (both are available for media use): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2rYEmZgeA
Home Advantage is part of the Hyundai FC grassroots programme, which has been able to impact over 200 grassroots players throughout the UK this season. However, with the programme now on hold, as the nation follows government guidelines to stay at home, Hyundai and Chelsea are bringing Hyundai FC to homes across the nation, with Chelsea FC lending the expertise of their Chelsea Foundation coaches and first team players in a one stop skills shop aimed at improving the game of the young fans at home.
Hyundai Motor UK’s Managing Director, Ashley Andrew said: “Through Hyundai FC we have delivered unique footballing experiences to over 200 grassroots players across the UK. With the majority of people staying home at the moment, we wanted to make sure that both our Hyundai FC teams and grassroots players across the country can keep practicing and improving their game at home. We really hope players and families enjoy the sessions crafted by the Chelsea players and coaches. And if they help to improve skills, or are just a bit of fun during the lockdown period, we’ll be delighted that the sessions have been put to good use.”
Each week a new episode of the ‘Home Advantage’ campaign will be released, focusing on a different skill with new Chelsea players. Every episode will include coaching tips and challenges to bring together the skills learned that week. Families are encouraged to film and share their attempts on social media using #HyundaiFC, with a couple of prizes up for grabs too.
Chelsea Foundation international development manager, Ian Woodroffe said: “We know how challenging it can be for parents to keep their kids engaged during the lockdown and equally how eager children are to keep up to speed with their football skills when they’re unable to practice with their friends. The Hyundai FC Home Advantage content series brings Chelsea’s world class Foundation coaches to parents and children up and down the country, meaning when the time comes to get back on the football pitch, you’ll be sure to have the advantage over your opposition.”