Local housebuilder, Barratt Homes North East, has announced a half-year total of over £8,900 raised for its two chosen charities; Marie Curie North East and Tiny Lives. The housebuilder is working towards a total of £10,000, which will be matched by Barratt Homes’ head office. Funds raised will go towards the ongoing work that each charity carries out in Newcastle and across the North East.
- Through various fundraising activities and donations from across the region, Barratt Homes North East has raised a total of £8,920
- This amount will be split between Barratt’s two chosen charities, Marie Curie North East and Tiny Lives, which is a Newcastle-based charity that supports premature and sick newborn babies and their families on the Neonatal Unit at the RVI hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Fundraising activities included an awards evening, cake sales, office Olympics, brave the shave, a summer barbeque and collections in Superdrug stores
- Barratt Homes North East is currently building a range of developments across the region, including its Woodland Rise development in Hexham and South Fields in Morpeth
- For further information on Barratt Homes or to book a viewing at one of its developments, visit www.barratthomes.co.uk
Fenton Hewitt, Sales Director at Barratt Homes North East, commented:
“The work that each of these charities carries out is close to a lot of peoples’ hearts and we’re incredibly proud to be supporting two such deserving causes. We’d like to thank all of the staff and members of the communities that we build in for helping us reach such a great total this year.”