Veloce is running a 35% STAY-INDOORS-AND-READ discount on its website for the foreseeable future.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Codenamed W460, the iconic Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen, with its boxy, square-edged no frills look, set out to be Stuttgart’s answer to the Range Rover. However, by going back to Gottlieb Daimler’s premise of ‘Nothing but the best’ it quickly took its place throughout the world as ‘The Best 4X4.’
This Essential Buyer’s Guide will navigate you through the various model changes, starting from the simple hand-built W460, through to the more luxurious market of the W463. You will find details of model changes, engine specifications, and issues that you may come across when looking to buying one of the best purpose-made vehicles around.
Nik Greene has written many feature articles and regular copy for popular classic car and club magazines in the UK and France, and his passion for Mercedes cars has steered him towards researching and writing for one of the elite motor manufacturers. Having restored many cars, his present stable of cars includes the Mercedes W126 S-Class 560SE and his beloved Mercedes G-Wagen, as well as several classic Citroëns and Renaults.
Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen by Nicholas Greene
£13.99(UK), $25.00(US), 32.99(CAN)
- Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from real ownership experience
- See where to buy, and how to asses a promising car
- Advice on choosing the right model for your taste and budget
- Discover the problems you may face during ownership, and how to fix them
- Includes a comprehensive inspection guide
- In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Covers the full range of models produced
- Market values and cost of spare parts
- Details of club back-up and support organizations
- Shows how the Mercedes-Benz community can help you