- Citroën continues its four-year collaboration with the Rip Curl brand with today’s unveiling of a new C3 Aircross Rip Curl special edition. The natural association between the two brands is centred on creativity and high-tech products.
- With its unique character – the most spacious and modular compact SUV in its segment – C3 Aircross has become a key player since its launch, having won over nearly 290,000 customers in Europe.
- Now there is a new version of the C3 Aircross Rip Curl special edition, based on the Flair trim level, with an enhanced character through specific stylish features both inside and out.
- New C3 Aircross Rip Curl is equipped with the multi-award winning PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual powertrain and offers numerous standard items of equipment to make everyday life even easier – such as Citroën Connect Nav, a 7-inch touch-sensitive tablet, Mirror Screen functionality, Citroën Connect Box and automatic climate control.
- The new Citroën C3 Aircross Rip Curl special edition is available to order immediately in the UK (from Tuesday 26 May), priced from just £21,610 MRRP OTR.
- C3 AIRCROSS SUV: A UNIQUE CHARACTER & 290,000 CUSTOMERS
In just two years, C3 Aircross has made a big difference in the compact SUV segment. With its unique and customisable good looks, its benchmark spaciousness and unparalleled modularity – as well as its 12 driving aids and four connectivity technologies to make life easier – C3 Aircross SUV is now a “must-have” purchase for many new car buyers. Embodying the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, C3 Aircross SUV is designed to be part of a contemporary lifestyle, promoting well-being on-board and a new driving experience.
C3 Aircross SUV has become a key player in this sector of market and has already won over nearly 290,000 customers across Europe. Customers are typically seduced by its fresh and optimistic shape and its user-friendly interior design. A state of mind reinforced by its potential for personalisation, which allows customers to create a car in their own image. With 86% of UK sales taken by the Flair trim level, 39% with a bi-tone roof, 12% with a Colour Pack and 67% with optional interior ambiences, C3 Aircross SUV expresses its characterful potential to the full. Thanks to its versatility, C3 Aircross SUV is a model that appeals to young families and older buyers alike, both groups find it an ideal partner for a multi-faceted lifestyle.
- C3 AIRCROSS RIP CURL: A STYLISH ADVENTURER
The partnership between Citroën and Rip Curl is a natural fit. Both brands develop designer and high-tech products serving well-being, leisure and escape. Driven by their shared values of creativity, innovation and a passion for adventure, today Citroën and Rip Curl renew their association via C3 Aircross SUV – a model that offers all the appeal of an SUV and more in terms of roominess and modularity. A true SUV by its morphology, C3 Aircross features large wheels and has protective features including raised ground clearance and a high driving position, giving it all the attributes of an adventurer looking for escape. By teaming up once again with Rip Curl – the name alone has evoked surfing and freedom since 1969 – Citroën reinforces the spirit of adventure of C3 Aircross SUV through an expressive and distinctive special edition, for a lifestyle focused on relaxation and the great outdoors.
New C3 Aircross Rip Curl is particularly attractive, with the best of C3 Aircross’ SUV character through its striking looks, but also because of the wealth of equipment based on the top-of-the-range Flair version, which provides numerous features for enhanced comfort.
C3 Aircross Rip Curl is characterised by:
All the character of C3 Aircross SUV in ‘Flair’ trim, including gloss black roof bars, front and rear underbody protection plates and – specifically on this special edition – 16-inch ‘Matrix’ black alloy wheels and a Perla Nera Black contrasting roof colour. This new special edition therefore plays on a strong contrast between the body colour and the upper parts of the vehicle which are completely black, including tinted side and rear windows – all underpinned by the black alloy wheels. The black theme combines beautifully with energising coloured inserts of the Rip Curl ‘Anodised Ochre’ Colour Pack, which adds touches of colour to the headlight trims, wheel cap surrounds and door mirrors.
This intense and energetic ochre hue – inspired by the sand dunes and sunshine of the surfing world – enlivens the overall appearance and conjures up thoughts wide sandy beaches and the freshness of the ocean. This feeling is reinforced with emotive wave graphics on the front doors, combined with the Rip Curl brand logo. To satisfy everyone’s individual taste, this special edition can be personalised with four body colours: Platinum Grey, Cumulus Grey, Natural White and Perla Nera Black (for a single-tone colour scheme with the Perla Nera Black roof).
Inside, this specific C3 Aircross SUV benefits from a specific Rip Curl atmosphere based on a dedicated grey striped ‘Terpa’ fabric. The seat material is enhanced with white topstitching and an ochre band on the upper part of the backrests that echoes the theme of the Colour Pack on the outside. The same colours can be found on the special floor mats that also feature the Rip Curl logo. The interior atmosphere suggests comfort, while the ochre touches bring the excitement and energy of outdoor sports.
This new Citroën C3 Aircross special edition offers everything to make your daily life easier. As it is based on the top specification Flair trim level, it features all the top-of-the-range equipment needed for a calm and pleasant on-board experience, such as:
- Auto Pack, which includes automatic climate control, automatic windscreen wipers and an auto-dimming rear view mirror.
- Citroën Connect Nav via a 7-inch touchscreen, which includes TomTom navigation, voice recognition and connected services (“traffic info”, “Service Stations”, “Car Parks”, and “Weather” etc.).
- Mirror Screen function, compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto, which allows you to enjoy multimedia content and applications from your smartphone, in complete safety, by duplicating and controlling them from the 7-inch touchscreen.
- Citroën Connect Box with SOS and Assistance included.
- Active Safety Brake, an emergency braking system that limits the risk of collision. It operates from 3 mph with fixed or moving objects, and with pedestrians. If there is no driver reaction after the collision risk warning, the system automatically slows the vehicle.
- City Pack, including front and rear electric windows, heated and electrically folding door mirrors, and a parking camera at the rear for manoeuvring in confined spaces.
- Sliding rear bench seat.
With this new Rip Curl special edition, C3 Aircross SUV consolidates its positioning as a fully-fledged adventurer. The new model is available to order from today (Tuesday 26 May) in the UK, with first deliveries expected in July.