Local housebuilder Barratt Developments Yorkshire East has announced it has seen a 23% rise in the number of home reservations year on year from July.
- The news comes after Barratt Development’s Yorkshire East division, which includes both the Barratt Homes and David Wilson Homes brands, revealed records sales for its previous financial year, up 11.5% like for like, with over 1,400 homebuyers choosing a Barratt or David Wilson Home in the region last year
- This has been driven by a number of new launches in the region, including the iconic Chocolate Works development in York
- Based on the site of the former Terry’s Chocolate Factory, the luxury development has been hugely popular since it launched, with all apartments now sold and its two, three and four bedroom homes selling fast
- For more information on Barratt Developments go to:http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/
- Paul Hogan, Sales Director for Barratt Developments Yorkshire East, said:”Our sales were strong in the 2015/2016 financial year, and as these new figures from July to September show, they are showing no signs of slowing down this financial year. Buyers in the region remain confident in the sector and about investing in the property market, and with the Government recently announcing a further £5bn to boost housebuilding in the UK, we only expect this optimism to grow.
We have a further 12 developments planned across the Yorkshire East region alone this financial year, and are confident about our investment in the region. With interest rates at record lows and plenty of good mortgage deals available, it really is a great time to move up, or take that first step onto, the property ladder.”