Simon Bailes Peugeot is celebrating after Groupe PSA was awarded the prestigious Manufacturer of the Year title.
The multi-national French manufacturer – whose brands include Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Opel and Vauxhall – was praised by judges for its standing as a leading car maker.
In the first half of 2019 it made £2.86 billion operating profit thanks to a strong product mix and reductions in cost. Profitability reached record levels at 8.7% operating margin.
Groupe PSA was presented with the award at the 2020 Automotive Management (AM) Awards ceremony at the Birmingham International Convention Centre. The other manufacturers shortlisted were: Mazda, Volkswagen, Volvo and Tesla.
The judging panel said: “It has faced numerous challenges, embraced new thinking, battled to improve efficiency and is now a strong automotive force.”
The award comes shortly after Peugeot was named Most Dependable Volume Brand in the annual JD Power UK Vehicle Dependability Study – which also voted the best-selling Peugeot 208 as Most Dependable Small Car.
The marque has also been showered with top industry accolades throughout its range, including:
- Peugeot 3008 SUV named the Best Medium SUV at the Carbuyers Best Car Awards 2020, New Car of the Year at the Autotrader Awards and Best Mid-Sized SUV in the Driver Power Survey
- Peugeot 5008 SUV 1.2 PureTech 120 Allure picked up the Large SUV award at the 2020 What Car? Car of the Year Awards
- Company Car & Van Awards named the all-electric e-208 its Small EV of the Year 2020; the 508 Medium Car of the Year and Peugeot Partner Van Small Van of the Year 2020
- All-new Peugeot 208: Awarded the coveted carwow Little Legend Award
- Diesel Car & Eco Car ‘Used Car Top 50 2020’ Awards: The Peugeot 3008 SUV was named Used Car of the Year 2020 while the Peugeot RCZ voted Best Used Sports Car
- 2020 Company Car Today CCT100 Awards: The Peugeot 5008 SUV named SUV of the Year for the third year in succession, while the Rifter was voted MPV of the Year Award
Simon Bailes said: “It’s fantastic news that Groupe PSA has been named as Manufacturer of the Year 2020, reflecting its deserved position as one of the world’s leading car makers.
“It’s also a huge vote of confidence in Peugeot which, as all these awards prove, continues to build on its reputation for quality, style and innovation – and producing cars our customers love to drive.”