ARC is holding the sub-regional heat for PULSE 2018 on Saturday 10 March; a series of events that celebrate the best in youth dance across the region and provide groups with the opportunity to perform in a professional space local to them, be inspired, see each other’s work and acknowledge the talent of young creators and performers.
What is Pulse?
We’re really excited to open the application process for our 7th Tees Valley Pulse Sub-Regional here at ARC! We run Pulse to:
- Offer local young people to perform in a professional theatre – the event takes place in our 250 seater theatre with professional lighting!
- To raise aspirations of young people dancing in the Tees Valley
- Offer the chance to perform in front of a panel of arts sector professional judges and receive feedback on their performance
- Enable young people to represent their group and instil a sense of pride and achievement irrespective of ability
- To provide an opportunity for progression into even bigger a regional and national dance events
Who is PULSE for?
We’re looking for school based groups or out of school youth dance groups. The groups must:
- Have no more than 30 dancers in the group (20 if seeking to compete)
- Have dancers aged between 11 and 19, unless the dancer is disabled in which case they can be aged up to 25 years old
- Reside in England
- Submit a piece which is no longer than seven minutes in duration
- Have at least two group leaders (three if more than 16 dancers) aged 21 or over, with an enhanced DBS check done within the last 3 years who can accompany the group to the festival if selected
Groups can choose to perform as part of our event only, or can opt to perform and compete for a place in the next stage.
The deadline for applications is Thur 11 Jan 2018.