Teesside’s festivities officially start this weekend (2nd December) with the return of its pop-up Elves’ Workshop, offering families free, fun activities in the run up to Christmas.
The workshop, located between Thomas Cook and Sports Direct – upstairs in Teesside’s management suite – will host a different festive event every weekend over the next four weeks. Activities will include the chance to decorate gingerbread, go to a storytelling session with Mrs Claus, and a sewing class where children can make their very own elf headbands.
Kicking off this Saturday, children visiting Teesside will be able see the workshop and meet the elves for the very first time as well as write letters to Santa to be sent to the North Pole.
On Friday 15th December, the Elves’ Workshop will transform into a Christmas wrapping station where shoppers can pay to have their gifts expertly wrapped, with all proceeds going to local children’s hospice, Zoë’s Place.
Teesside is also helping shoppers donate gifts for the children and families that the hospice supports by opening up its newly refurbished management centre as a collection point from Saturday 2nd December.
Mike Clarke, centre director at Teesside, said: “Our Elves’ Workshop was a real success last year, helping to get all of our shoppers into the festive spirit, so we’re delighted to have it back.
“This time of year is all about spending time with loved ones and we’re hoping that families across Teesside will come along to join in the free Christmas fun.
“Zoë’s Place is a charity we’ve worked closely to support for a number of years now. The hospice does fantastic work and holds a special place in our hearts. We’re proud of all the donations our shoppers have made to the charity in the past, and we’re sure they’ll be right behind us this year too.”
On Friday 22nd December, there will be a special festive display with giant elves roaming Teesside, giving visitors the chance to capture a larger-than-life ‘elfie selfie’.
Here’s a full list of the festive events taking place at Teesside’s Elves’ Workshop:
- Saturday 2nd December (11am – 4pm) – Letters to Santa: Little ones are invited to write a letter to Santa and look out for a very special reply at home
- Sunday 3rd December (11am – 4pm) – Games galore: The whole family can get involved with Christmas games hosted by the elves
- Saturday 9th December (11am – 4pm – Ginger Bread Station: Families can try their hand at decorating gingerbread
- Sunday 10th December (11am – 4pm) – Storytelling and colouring: Mrs Claus arrives to read stories and help with Christmas-themed colouring
- Friday 15th December (3pm – 8pm) – Christmas wrap station: Pay a small price for your gifts to be expertly wrapped, with all proceeds going to Zoë’s Place
- Saturday 16th December (11am – 4pm) – Toy Testing: The elves need a hand to test and rate this year’s must have toys
- Sunday 17th December (11am – 4pm) – Sewing class – elf headbands: A great chance to learn a new skill, families can have a go at getting creative
- Friday 22nd December (12pm – 5pm) – Mrs Claus’ Cookie School: Help Mrs Claus to bake some classic Christmas treats
- Friday 23rd December (11am – 4pm) – Jump Up Elves: With Christmas just around the corner, help the elves with some last-minute crafts