Teesside Park will burst into bloom this weekend (27th July) with the arrival of its free garden-themed summer event.
The five-week takeover will include a Potting Shed sandpit for mini gardeners, a bug-themed play area, a flower-inspired Instagram zone, plus a programme of activities to help kids learn all about the great outdoors.
Every weekend between 11am and 4pm, wonderful Wildestra and her green-fingered pal Barry Burrows will be visiting Teesside Park to provide entertainment, fun and games.
They will be joined by a range of friends including the all-singing, all-dancing BEEBoys, the beautiful Flutterbys who’ll fly in to bring plenty of smiles, and The Litter Bugs who will take kids on a series of exciting eco adventures.
Mike Clarke, Centre Director at Teesside Park, said: “Our summer event will be here for the whole of the summer holidays, giving families a great free day out and the chance to try something a bit different. As well as having fun in our sandpits, play area and Instagram zone, the little ones will also learn as they go – it’s a win-win!”
The full programme of weekend activities is as follows:
- 27th July and 3rd August – bee-themed games and crafts with Wildestra and Barry Burrows
- 28th July and 4th August – dancing and a hive of activities with the BEEBoys and their Bloom Box
- 10th and 17th August – gardening games and craft sessions with Wildestra and Barry Burrows
- 11th and 18th August – a special visit from the Flutterbys
- 24th and 31st August – Wildestra and Barry Burrows return with more great gardening games and green fingered fun, and craft sessions
- 25th August and 1st September – fun and games with The Litter Bugs, expect eco adventures, storytelling and crafts
For more information please visit Teesside’s Park website.