Christmas has officially arrived at Teesside with the launch of its pop-up festive Toy Factory.
As the North Pole gears up for its busiest time of the year, children across the region have the chance to find out just what it’s like to be one of Santa’s elves.
From present sorting to arts and crafts, the factory is free for children to visit and is open from 11am until 3pm between now and Saturday 22nd December – the only ask is that they clock in and pop on a special uniform on entry!
From Saturday 24th November, there will also be Christmas-themed activity sessions taking place every Thursday and Saturday hosted by a team of experienced elves. These will include a Christmas Cuddly Station where children can make their very-own festive toy from scratch, the chance to decorate some tasty Christmas cookies and a Polar Party silent disco.
Mike Clarke, Centre Director at Teesside, said: “Our pop-up Christmas events have been really popular in previous years, adding a touch of magic to the centre and helping shoppers spend some quality time together.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming families across Teesside to our Toy Factory. With the range of free activities we have planned between now and the big day, there’s plenty of ways to keep the kids entertained while they countdown the days ‘til Christmas!”
Teesside’s Toy Factory is located between Superdrug and New Look. The activities will take place 11am-4pm on the following dates:
- Saturday 24th November – Christmas Cuddly Station: Little ones can build a Christmas cuddly toy from scratch! They will choose their favourite festive character and fill it with fluff before officially naming it with a birth certificate to take home
- Thursday 29th November – Anyone for hot chocolate? Kids will decorate their very own mug in this Christmas craft workshop
- Saturday 1st December – Speed Racers: During this session children will be toy-makers, building their very own race cars to be put to the test for Santa
- Thursday 6th December – Factory Fun Zone: A day of Christmas-themed challenges for the whole family including snowman skittles, speed wrapping and pin the nose on Rudolph
- Saturday 8th December – Toy Testing: Kids in Teesside are invited to test the toys topping the Christmas wish lists of children across the country
- Thursday 13th December – Reindeer Refuelling Station: Children will decorate their own yummy festive cookies for Rudolph and his friends
- Saturday 15th December – Reindeers Rock! Another chance for Little ones across Teesside to put their toy-making skills to the test, this time with wooden reindeers on wheels
- Thursday 20th December – Elf Yourself: Face painters will be on hand to turn the children of Teesside into real elves. There will also be the chance to learn the ‘Elf Code’, before leaving with an elf hat and certificate
- Saturday 22nd December – Polar Party! With only three days left until Christmas, the whole family is invited to the Toy Factory’s Polar Party, where there will be a silent disco to get everyone in the festive spirit
For more information about the Toy Factory and opening times visit: www.teessideshopping.co.uk/news-events/toy-factory.