It is Dementia Action Week and a water company is encouraging their customers to sign up to Priority Services so they can have water without the worry.
Northumbrian Water offer a range of Priority Services so that customers can have water without the worry, whatever their circumstances. It is totally free to sign up and anyone could be eligible for support.
As an example of services available, customers can have nominated contacts so that a family member, friend or carer can help with managing their account.
The Priority Services Register can offer a number of things including:
- Bills in braille, large print or audio CD
- Text relay services, for deaf or hearing-impaired customers, simply use 18001 in front of our contact telephone numbers, and a Text Relay operator will join the call
- When working outside your home they can notify you beforehand and will also make sure you have all the access to your property that you need.
- Password schemes, so you know who our colleagues are when they visit your home
- Telephone interpreting service, if English isn’t your first language
Northumbrian Water can also make sure that if your supply has gone off for a sustained period, and you are unable to go out to get bottled water, that a supply is delivered directly to your door.
Northumbrian Water’s Customer Service Director, Claire Sharp said “we are passionate about delivering water without the worry to all of our customers, not just during Dementia Action Week but all year round.
“We currently have over 70 employees who are Dementia Friends and help raising awareness and understanding thought the business, so that people living with dementia can continue to live in the way they want. The ability to be able to give our customers a helping hand when they need a bit of extra support is something we are very proud of.”
If you think you would benefit from Priority Services, or know of a family member, friend or neighbour in need, who’s life would be made that little bit easier with some support, then register for Northumbrian Water FREE Priority Services online by visiting www.nwl.co.uk/priority