Fire 7 is built for entertainment now with more room for the movies, books, songs, and games you love—at home and on-the-go
Ask Alexa to play a song, watch a video, listen to an Audible book, get the news, or make a video call on Fire 7 to your Alexa contacts, now using just your voice
Fire 7 is available in Black, plus three brand new colours: Twilight Blue, Plum, and Sage
LUXEMBOURG—16 May, 2019—Amazon today announced the next generation of its best-selling Fire 7 tablet, built from the ground up for entertainment. The all-new Fire 7 features a faster processor; 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage so you can enjoy even more videos, music, games, and books on-the-go; and hands-free access to Alexa. Fire 7 still starts at only £49.99 and is available in Black and 3 new colours: Twilight Blue, Plum and Sage.
“Fire 7 is our best-selling tablet with tens of millions sold worldwide,” said Eric Saarnio, Head of Amazon Devices EU. “For under £50, we’re making it even better for customers with a faster processor and 2x the base storage, so customers can enjoy even more of their favourite entertainment at home and on-the-go. And, with the addition of hands-free access to Alexa on Fire 7, it’s never been easier to get the news, call an Alexa contact, find a recipe, play music, and more.”
The all-new Fire 7 includes:
- Faster processor—With a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor, quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web.
- 2x the base storage—Fire 7 is now available with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, plus support for up to 512 GB of expandable storage via microSD card.
- Alexa hands-free—When connected to Wi-Fi, simply ask Alexa to check sports scores, get a recipe, watch a movie, and more – using just your voice, even when your screen is on standby. Easily toggle Alexa on or off in your device settings.
- Crisp and vivid display—Amazon’s lightest tablet features a high quality 7” IPS display for accurate colour reproduction that looks great at all angles.
- Durability—As measured in tumble tests, Fire 7 is 2x as durable as iPad mini (2019), and stands up against drops, tumbles, spills, and everyday wear and tear.
- Battery life—Delivers up to 7 hours of reading, listening to music, watching TV shows or movies, and browsing the web.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the HD 720p upgraded 2 MP front-facing camera. Take and share photos with the 2 MP rear-facing camera and save them for later with unlimited cloud storage at no additional cost.
- Fast Wi–Fi connectivity—Dual-band Wi-Fi support for seamless video streaming.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, For You, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon Fire for Kids, Family Library, Blue Shade, On Deck, Prime Video downloads, and more. For more information, click here.
- Screen Sharing—Let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year— at no additional cost.
Even Better with Prime
Fire 7 is even better with Amazon Prime. Prime members can:
- Watch award-winning movies and TV shows, including Amazon Originals like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and the forthcoming Good Omens, and live sports including US Open Tennis, ATP Tour Tennis events and NFL Thursday Night Football with Prime Video.
- Listen to more than 2 million songs, and thousands of hand-curated playlists and stations with Prime Music. To get started, just ask, “Alexa, play music.”
- Enjoy unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading.
- Get unlimited photo storage with anywhere access with Prime Photos.
- Enjoy bonus game content, in-game loot, Twitch subscriptions and more with Twitch Prime.
To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, visit www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
The all-new Fire 7 comes in Black, Twilight Blue, Plum, and Sage. Still only £49.99, Fire 7 is available today for pre-order at www.amazon.co.uk/fire7 and will begin shipping 6 June. Fire 7 will also be available in stores and online at Argos, Dixons, John Lewis & Partners, Tesco, very.co.uk and littlewoods.co.uk. Fire 7 cases are available in Charcoal Black, Sage, Plum, Twilight Blue, and Desert Orange and can stand in both landscape and portrait orientations—only £24.99.
In addition to the Fire 7, Amazon today introduced the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition, available for pre-order today for £99.99. More information is available at www.amazon.co.uk/Fire7-Kids-Edition.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.