Local housebuilder, Barratt Developments North East, which includes the Barratt and David Wilson Homes brands, has worked to raise over £1,000 for its charity of the year, the Alzheimer’s Society.
- Throughout Alzheimer’s Awareness Month in September, Barratt Developments added funds to its total by completing a 257 kilometre Memory Walk on a treadmill.
- The Alzheimer’s Society created Memory Walks for all ages and abilities to unite together to raise money and help defeat dementia.
- Staff gave a donation to participate in the walk, which covered the distance between Morpeth and Middlesborough, the locations of the housebuilder’s most northerly and southerly North East developments.
- In addition to the Memory Walk, Barratt Developments has been running a series of other fundraising activities, including dress-down days, bake sales and lunchtime general knowledge quizzes at its North East head office in Newcastle.
- The Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia support and research charity. The charity works to improve the quality of life for people affected by dementia, doing everything they can to ensure that people with dementia are connected to the people who matter most.
- For more information about Barratt Developments please visit: www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk
Becky Mortimer, Marketing Manager at Barratt Developments North East, commented:
“It’s been a lot of fun getting involved in this year’s fundraising for the Alzheimer’s Society. The treadmill Memory Walk was a great way to get the whole office off their feet and doing their bit to raise funds. We wanted to accumulate as many miles as possible and as our developments are spread all around the North East it was a great way to create a challenge for the team.”