For those people living in or close to Newcastle, the city has a number of recommended new and used car dealerships. If you’re after your first car or want to upgrade your current motor, there are a number of factors to consider before parting with your cash.
It can be quite difficult choosing the right car especially for first time buyers. To help you with your decision, here are a few pointers to get you started:-
- Your budget – it might sound a little obvious but budgeting is one of the most important steps. Think about how much you can comfortably afford to spend on a car. Write down your monthly expenses like your mortgage or rent, fuel bills and other direct debits. Be sensible with your budget, always budget a little more than what you need. This will help if you face any unexpected additional expenses.
- Buying used or brand new – OK buying a brand-new car just off the production line is very tempting but can you really afford it? If you can then go for it, there’s nothing quite like driving around Newcastle in a brand-new motor. Alternatively, you can save a lot of money by going for a used car. There are savings to be made when buying top quality used vehicles. Used car dealers have an extensive range of new and used cars for sale at competitive prices.
- Trade-in – have you got an old car to trade in? Did you know you can get a free car valuation online? This will give you a rough idea of how much you can expect to get for your current motor. Established new and used car supermarkets will be more than happy to discuss the trade-in value. Once you’ve got a basic figure in mind you’ll be in a better position to buy your next vehicle.
- Which car to choose? – with the budget side of things sorted out, think about which car suits you. Will you need a motor to mainly drive around Newcastle or a vehicle to take you further afield? Is it primarily for work or leisure? With so many makes and models of cars to choose from, do a little research to see what’s around. A small economy car like a Toyota Yaris would suit a single person or a couple while a larger vehicle or SUV such as a Mitsubishi Outlander is ideal for families. Are you looking for any key features on a motor, for example Smart cruise control, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, adaptive headlights or Bluetooth and USB connectivity?
- Take a test drive – to get a feel of a new or used car, take a test drive. It doesn’t mean you have to buy the motor, however you’ll get a good idea if you like driving the vehicle or not. When visiting a car showroom, ask plenty of questions and listen to the advice. Sit down and discuss the price, you’ll be surprised at how far the cost can be reduced with a little haggling.