The Global Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is an unprecedented moment, affecting almost every aspect of daily life. First and foremost, our thoughts are with all those affected.
We have taken considerable steps to safeguard the wellbeing of our customers, employees and business partners across the UK and Ireland during these uncertain times and remain committed to doing what is necessary to minimise disruption.
We also stand ready to support our valuable NHS and the remarkable people on the frontline of this crisis. Healthcare workers are working tirelessly to protect our nation at its time of greatest need. This is why we have developed a series of measures to ensure these individuals are able to defy the barriers they are faced with, day in and day out.
To help our NHS frontline staff stay connected and provide compassionate care and support to those who need it most, we will be:
- Donating 2,000 devices to NHS Nightingale Hospitals across the UK, freeing up IT resource and providing key workers with essential communication. We will also be providing UV phone sanitising machines for use in these facilities.
- Refocusing our production, service operations, suppliers and channel partners to ensure the NHS takes priority in receiving the equipment they need at discounted rates. These devices will enable NHS workers to carry out more remote working and enable isolated patients to stay connected with their loved ones.
- Delivering support for all NHS staff via a dedicated support channel to ensure quick access to the repair or replacement of their Samsung products.
- Through our partnership with WeFix, offering NHS staff a free of charge priority Doorstep Samsung Phone Repair Service, beginning with NHS Nightingale Hospitals.
- Donating Samsung Electronics UK’s digital outdoor advertising space booked for April to NHS England; and offering advertising on Samsung Smart TVs, free of charge, for public health announcements and messaging, helping to reach millions of people.
Supporting our Customers
As we react and adapt to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’re working hard to minimise disruption to our Samsung Support services, deploying our team to where they are most needed.
Any customer requiring product support, should visit our dedicated COVID-19 page, which features the latest information, including details of our online Support channels, repair tracking and helpful FAQ content.
Here for each other
Our COVID-19 Task Force in the UK is working hard to stay up-to-date with the latest guidelines from health authorities, ensuring the correct course of action is immediately undertaken across our business.
To read more about our Global response to COVID-19, please visit: https://news.samsung.com/global/our-response-to-covid-19