Finding, choosing and working with a translator who boasts of naati translation certificate is one of the most important aspects of getting the desired translation results.
To help you get the desired results, below are some of the things you should know.
Do I Need A Professional Translator?
The question of whether or not you need a professional translator is dependent on the type of document you wish to translate. While pondering on whether or not you need a professional to handle your needs, below are some alternatives you can explore;
– You can request the services of a bilingual person, one who is skilled and adept at both the source and target languages and boast of a native level of understanding in the target language. While you can hire a bilingual person to do the job, this is however not a guarantee of the quality of translation service that will be offered. When selecting a bilingual person, be sure that the person is a very good writer with a perfect understanding of both languages.
– You can also hire the services of a translation student. While this will be a less expensive move, you may also be faced with some difficulties, especially when the experience level of the translator is low.
– You can also employ the use of Google Translate which is an online translation tool. While this tool may work wonders for simple translation needs such as reading and interpreting words, it may be a disastrous choice especially when planning to translate official documents.
Having weighed the above options, if you still need a professional translator to get the job done, then, you should answer this next question.
What Type Of Translator Do I Want To Work With?
There are several types of translators in the market. Below are a few of the options you can choose from;
Hiring a freelancer to handle your translation needs can expose you to a one on one relationship with the translator, thus allowing for faster revisions and corrections where necessary. Choosing a freelancer may be cheap but in certain cases, there is the need to verify the expertise of the freelancer and ensure that they are specialists in translating the specific type of document you are interested in.
Hiring an agency will provide you with a team of translators who can translate bulky documents in a short period of time. In most cases, agencies have vetted their translators okay and are able to assign specific tasks to staff who are experts in certain areas of translation services. The downside of hiring an agency compared to a freelancer however is that you may not have contact with the translators and in the event of corrections, your document may not be assigned to the original translator.
Finding A Suitable Translator For Your Needs.
When searching for an ideal and suitable translator, it is essential that you take adequate steps to ensure that proper research is conducted. Keep in mind that the translator you will choose will depend largely on the type of texts that you need to be translated. If you are planning on translating legal documents such as passports, birth certificate, and more, you should be on the lookout for translators that are specialized in such aspects for your needs.
As part of your search process, you may also look for directories that offer information on translator service providers and gives feedback or ranking based on the reviews which have been provided by their past clients.
Which Translator Should I Pick For My Needs?
Choosing a translator will depend largely on your needs. As a business owner, if you are working to expand your coverage into other areas, then you should be on the lookout for website translators who are certified and have the necessary experience needed to get the job done. As part of the decision-making process, it is recommended that you be on the lookout for translators that boast of certification and have had several positive reviews from past clients.
As Part Of The Selection Process, Below Are Some Of The Things You Should Consider;
– How long have the translators been in business? Do they have certification to boast of? If freelancer, do they have a translation degree.
– Is the translator skilled in the area of translation you require? It is better that you choose a translator with experience in the area of need as certain technicalities may present problems to new entrants.
– Review past works and comments from past clients
– Request for a free paragraph translation to assess the quality of their services.
– Consider the cost of the translation service, compare with the average cost charged in the market.