Tennis is an outdoor game that is played mostly in American and European countries widely. The score of the game goes as game, sets and matches. The winning of the match is determined by the following
- To win a game – Score: 4; Lead by: 2
- To win a set – Games won: 6; Lead by :2
- To win a match – Sets won: Best of 3 or 5
The Tie breaker comes into picture when both the players have won 6 games. These tiebreakers have different rules and are not the same like the regular game rules.
Here are some of the tie break rules of Tennis.
The serving in Tennis is swapped at the end of every game. However, the swapping does not happen with the tie breaker. The person who was set to serve at the end of last game continues to serve. Unlike the normal game where the same player serves throughout the game, the first server serves till one point is gained.
When the first player serves for the first point, the second player serves for the second point. For the third and fourth points, again the first player serves. For the fifth and sixth point, the second player serves.
In a tie breaker, the first service is done on the right side of the hash. That is the player should shoot the ball standing at the right side of the hash. On the other hand the first service of a regular game is done on the left side of the hash
In normal tennis, the player would switch sides after the odd games (1, 3 and 5). However, in a tie breaker, the players would remain on the same side, even if it is an odd game. Tie breaker is the thirteenth game, which is an odd game.
After 6 Points
The players change their sides after every game in an ordinary game. However, in a tie breaker, players change their sides after every point.
These above 5 points are the tie break rules which are follow in the Tennis game.
Tips To Win A Tie Breaker
- Spin is the best strategy to win a tie breaker. According to physics concepts, if the spin is higher the speed is higher. Also greater the spin increases the possibility of margin for an error on the shot by the opponent. Therefore reduce pushing and enhance spinning of the ball.
- If the serving is begun by the player 1, he is fortunate to stress his opponent by simply beginning the game. Play with aggression.
- Do not move swiftly in a tie break. Keep calm and stay focussed. Stay on the routine. Every player is comfortable in playing in his own side. These are his routines. Rather than using techniques that require extra effort, try to play a comfortable smart game
- If the tie breaker continues to get evenly matched for every game, one should warm up in the middle to gain stamina. Cardio exercises like jogging can help.