If you are thinking about the proper mobile app marketing plan, you should know that it consists of two parts: pre-launch marketing and post-launch marketing. You should start working on the promotion of your app at least 60 days before its release to the market. You need to grab the attention of your target audience, engage them, and make them interested in your product, otherwise, you will not handle the competition with other similar applications, which can be countless, depending on your niche.
- Create a Mobile-Friendly and Informative Website. The website is the key source, which can give all the needed information to your target audience. It should be the place where people can find all the information about your app’s features, competitive advantages, upcoming updates, and other news. It’s also very important for developing your SEO strategy. Add a blog with the latest news, tutorials, and updates of your app, add a live chat, leave the field for user reviews and feedback. This way your website will be the best platform for communication with your users or with people who just think about installing your application. Adding relevant keywords to the unique content of your website is very important for your SEO efforts. This way you will be able to achieve high rankings in search engines which means getting organic traffic at no cost. For example, if you have developed a language learning app, you may post at your website content relevant to elearning, how-to instructions on how to learn a foreign language fast, useful videos to help language learners, etc.
- Look for Bloggers and Influencers in Your Niche. Find the influencers in your niche with the large followers base that can review your application. Your pitch should be simple and unique at the same time. You can include the most important information about your app’s features and what you would like to receive from the influencer. Make them interested by adding some extra discounts or exclusive access to your software. When the influencer replies to your pitch, you can start a dialogue and agree on the terms which suit both of you.
- Create a Press Kit and Distribute App’s Press Release. Press Kit is a set of marketing materials about your product. Usually, it includes an app icon or logo, screenshots, short and long descriptions, and other useful info. It is better to send pitches to journalists 2-4 weeks before the release of your app. Press release should include the whole description of your software, how it works, and what its main features and competitive advantages are. Add promo video and screenshots, and any other collateral that can be useful.
- Start posting informative texts on Q&A platforms like Quora. Search for the queries and questions about specific problems your application can solve, and write an interesting and relevant comment about using your product. You can also engage your target audience on Reddit and Medium.
- Be active on social media platforms. This is another great mobile app marketing strategy that should be on your advertising list. Create your app profiles like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Once you’re done with creating the personal pages, try to invite everyone you know, especially influencers in your niche. Keep on posting the news about your product, its updates, tutorials, build up the community, etc. It’s a great way to have feedback from your users, solve their problems, and perhaps pick up new ideas.