- FCA retailers across England will start to reopen their doors from 1st June, 2020
- Strict social distancing and sanitisation protocols are in place across the FCA UK network
- CAR@HOME allows customers to minimise their visits to retailers
Retailers across the Fiat Chrysler Automobile UK (FCA UK) network, covering Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Fiat Professional and Jeep brands, will begin to fully reopen on 1st June, 2020* following the introduction of strict new safety measures and protocols.
With four in ten consumers concerned about going into car showrooms due to the pandemic**, FCA UK retailers emerging from lockdown will comply with a detailed and extensive action plan, developed by health and safety experts to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
Customers visiting showrooms, will find a range of safety measures in place, including:
- Strict social distancing measures with clear floor markings
- Provision of hand sanitiser and in-showroom sanitising stations
- The provision of disposable personal protective equipment, including gloves and facemasks, for all staff members and customers
- Materials such as brochures, leaflets, toys and magazines have been removed and all promotional materials will now be distributed digitally
All FCA UK retailers can now use the CAR@HOME service, allowing them to keep in touch with their customers and prospects, to support them on their car buying journey. With 75 per cent of consumers still wanting to visit a showroom as part of the new car buying process*, retailers can remotely help them to configure their car, send in videos and images for a trade-in evaluation and even send through finance offers to minimise the amount of time customers need to spend in the showroom.
All new cars will be fully sanitised before handover and sales staff can walk customers through the features of their new vehicle via online video. Unaccompanied test drives will be available, but must be booked in advance and ample time will be left between bookings for all vehicles to be thoroughly sanitised.
Service bookings can now be made online and vehicles can be easily dropped off using a new system to respect social distancing rules. All ‘touch’ points on customer and courtesy cars will be protected and, using strict new hygiene procedures, only one technician, wearing personal protective equipment, will be permitted to work on each car.
Arnaud Leclerc, managing director FCA UK and Ireland, said: “Throughout the planning process the health and safety of all our employees and customers has been our primary focus and it will remain so. We have consulted extensively with experts to develop this reopening strategy that minimises all risks while allowing staff to return to work and offer our valued customers the support they need.”
For more information or to find the nearest FCA UK retailer visit:
- Abarth: www.abarthcars.co.uk/findaretailer
- Alfa Romeo: www.alfaromeo.co.uk/findaretailer
- Fiat: www.fiat.co.uk/findaretailer
- Fiat Professional: www.fiatprofessional.co.uk/findaretailer
- Jeep: www.jeep.co.uk/findaretailer