New Citroën Berlingo Van has been awarded the coveted title of “International Van of the Year 2019”. The presentation took place earlier today at the IAA Commercial Vehicles Show in Hannover. The third generation Berlingo Van was recognised for its remarkable developments in terms of comfort and technology, with no compromise on functionality. True to the brand’s signature, “Inspired By Pro”, New Citroën Berlingo Van adapts to the needs of all professions and trades. The judging panel praised New Berlingo Van for its two sizes (M and XL), as well as its comfort and safety features – with no less than twenty driving aids and four connectivity technologies. UK deliveries of New Berlingo Van are scheduled to begin in the last quarter of 2018.
Linda Jackson, Citroën Global CEO, commented; “The Citroën brand is proud to see New Berlingo Van receive the prestigious title of “International Van of the Year 2019” once again. This award bears witness to the leap taken by this third generation of Berlingo Van in terms of features, and underlines the relevance of Citroën’s offer in the delivery van sector. This success highlights the brand’s historic commitment to the Light Commercial Vehicle sector, and continues a long success story, from the 2CV delivery van and Type H, to the Dispatch and New Berlingo Van today. A modern commercial vehicle perfect for every business, New Berlingo Van is true to the brand’s signature “Inspired By Pro”.
- NEW CITROËN BERLINGO VAN: “INTERNATIONAL VAN OF THE YEAR 2019”
At the opening of the 67th IAA Commercial Vehicles Show in Hannover, New Citroën Berlingo Van was awarded the prestigious title of “International Van Of The Year 2019”. The third generation best-seller was crowned by a panel of 25 journalists and independent magazine editors who specialise in Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs). While improving its space and practicality, New Berlingo Van was also recognised for its style, increased comfort, technologies and features worthy of today’s passenger cars.
This is the fifth time in the history of this sought-after prize that Citroën has won “International Van of the Year”, and it is the second time for Berlingo Van. Its previous victory dates back to 1997, when the first generation model was introduced. Other LCVs in the Citroën range to have been awarded the accolade are Citroën Relay (in 1994), Citroën Dispatch (in 2008) and Citroën Nemo (in 2009).
- NEW CITROËN BERLINGO VAN: A KEY PLAYER IN ITS SECTOR
UK deliveries of New Berlingo Van will begin in the last quarter of 2018. More than 1.5 million examples have been produced throughout the world since Berlingo was originally launched in 1996, firmly marking its place as one of the key players in its sector.
In Europe, in the first six months of this year, the commercial vehicle market represented one registration in four for Citroën, with 110,986 LCVs registered. Even before the introduction of New Berlingo Van, Citroën has enjoyed LCV growth of 10.6%, more than twice the market average (+4.9%). The brand has improved its LCV market share in Europe by 0.5 points, to reach 9.9%. Citroën has also earned its place in the European brand rankings, securing a Top 5 spot.
- NEW CITROËN BERLINGO VAN: A REAL GENERATIONAL LEAP
In keeping with Citroën’s new look range, this third generation commercial vehicle marks a real leap in terms of design, comfort and technology, and continues to move from success to success.
New Citroën Berlingo Van, in summary:
- A robust and reinforced character, with greater visibility and a higher and shorter front end
- Re-designed front profile, in keeping with the identity of the Citroën brand and its bigger brother Dispatch, as well as a functional rear designed for a wide range of professional customers
- A modern interior with an airy cabin, integrating numerous technologies and storage areas (including the ‘Top Box’ glove box)
- Six body colours: Polar White, Passion Red, Black, Cumulus Grey, Platinum Grey and Deep Blue
“Inspired By Pro”, New Citroën Berlingo Van capitalises on its strengths to provide an adapted solution for each profession with customisable on-board comfort:
- It is available in two sizes: M and XL which are 4.40m and 4.75m long, based on two wheelbase lengths
- It meets customer expectations by offering two dedicated versions, each one with its own specific features for professional customers: WORKER and DRIVER
- Its versatility and modularity are reflected by:
- the Extenso® Cab for three people
- the modular Crew Van, which can carry up to five passengers and long loads
- other optional features (roof flap, ply-lining, doors with windows etc.)
- It provides excellent rear accessibility, sliding side doors and payloads of up to 1,000kg in Size M (950kg in Size XL)
- The wheel arch width is compatible with Euro-pallets, and can hold up to two Euro-pallets in terms of load length
Moving with the times, New Berlingo Van provides genuine driving comfort and utmost safety, thanks to:
- Its suspension settings, which benefit from Citroën’s expertise to ensure maximum comfort
- Its new EMP2 platform at the front, for enhanced handling and greater connectivity
- Unrivalled levels of technology in the sector with the integration of:
- 20 driver assistance systems including: Overload Indicator, Surround Rear Vision, Colour Head-up Display, Electric Parking Brake, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop function
- Four connectivity technologies including: Citroën Connect Nav and Wireless Smartphone Charging
- The engines are both powerful and efficient: BlueHDi 130 S&S manual or EAT8 auto, BlueHDi 75 manual, BlueHDi 100 S&S manual)