More than 160 public relations professionals gathered at The Biscuit Factory in Newcastle for the region’s annual celebration of exceptional public relations practice.
Karol Marketing Group were amongst the big winners on the night, securing a hat-trick of Gold awards, including a double for their ‘Svilupumbria Umbrian Tourist Board: The Way of St Francis’ event.
Karol were commissioned to organise a media event in London to celebrate the launch of ‘The Way of St Francis’; a new walking guidebook detailing the way of a popular pilgrim route in Italy. The judges praised the team for delivering a “well researched and executed campaign that pressed all the right buttons”.
Newcastle-based Admiral PR also scooped three Gold Awards, including a double for their work with the BRC at Guy’s. Other winners on the night included Northstar Ventures’ Laura Richards MCIPR, who was named Outstanding Young Communicator, whilst Sarah Hall Consulting and ramarketing claimed Outstanding Small PR Consultancy and Outstanding PR Consultancy awards, respectively.
Sally Person MCIPR, Chair of CIPR North East, commented:
“The PRide Awards are a fantastic way to celebrate the quality and creativity within the PR and communications community in the North East. The entry criteria are tough and standards high and it is an accolade for everyone who has been nominated.
On behalf of our committee, I’d like to congratulate tonight’s winners, all of whom have demonstrated the highest professional standards of public relations practice.”
Full Gold Award winners from the 2016 CIPR North East PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Northumbrian Water Group, More than water
- Internal Communications Campaign – North East Ambulance Service, Flu vaccination: ‘Think flu – think beyond you’
- Consumer Relations Campaign – Karol Marketing Group, FishSpy: James Pond the spy who…?
- Public Sector Campaign – Admiral PR, Securing the future of the BRC at Guy’s
- Community Relations Campaign – Newcastle City Council, No Need to Beg
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Traidcraft, Show You Care
- Healthcare Campaign – Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, Seasonal Flu Campaign
- Integrated Campaign – Newcastle City Council, Keep it Clean Newcastle
- Low Budget Campaign – Karol Marketing Group, Svilupumbria Umbrian Tourist Board: The Way of St Francis
- Education Communications Campaign – Northumbrian Water, Clean, Clear and Great Tasting
- Regional Campaign of the Year – Gardiner Richardson, Balance – Paying the Price
- Best Use of Media Relations – Admiral PR, Lead by Example
- Best Use of Social Media – Newcastle City Council, Channel Shift
- Best Publication – Byker Community Trust & Up North Communications, Byker News – Byker Community Trust tenants’ newsletter
- Best Event – Karol Marketing Group, Svilupumbria Umbrian Tourist Board: The Way of St Francis
- Issues or Crisis Management – Admiral PR, Balancing the Risks
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Laura Richards MCIPR, Northstar Ventures
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy – Sarah Hall Consulting
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – ramarketing