- Collaboration between Mitsubishi Motors in the UK and OVO Energy bears first fruit in the shape of innovative 10,000 Free Green Miles offer
- The new partnership supports OVO’s sustainability strategy, Plan Zero, helping customers cut their carbon emissions
- Offer is intended to actively encourage new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV customers to get the most from the vehicle through regular charging
- Available to customers who switch their home tariff to OVO Energy’s EV Everywhere which offers 100% green energy
- Free OVO Smart Charger or Polar Plus membership included as part of OVO Energy’s EV Everywhere bundle
- Initiative was developed to highlight the tangible difference regular charging can make both in terms of sustainability and value-for-money
Customers who purchase a new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV can now enjoy 10,000* miles of free, green, electric motoring provided by OVO Energy.
Retail customers and business users who order and register a new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV between February 1 and March 31 2020 can avail themselves of 10,000 miles of electric motoring if they switch their domestic supply to OVO Energy’s EV Everywhere bundle*, bringing them on the journey to zero-carbon living.
To ensure a consistent supply of free green electricity, customers will receive £20 each month into their OVO Energy account for the 24 month duration of the offer, encouraging customers to fully exploit the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV’s electric range of 28 miles (WLTP) – more than enough for the average daily commute of 20 miles to and from work!*
In addition, customers can choose a charging solution that works for them, with either a free OVO Smart Charger or Polar Plus membership included as part of the OVO Energy EV Everywhere bundle.
This is the first initiative borne from the collaboration between OVO Energy and Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, two companies that share similar ambitions to drive sustainability and promote the decarbonisation of transport in the UK.
Travelling 10,000 miles in “Electric Vehicle mode” represents a 1,610 tonne reduction in tailpipe CO2 emissions compared to driving a car that produces 100g/km of CO2, while also reducing noise and pollution in urban areas and stop-go traffic, where combustion-engine vehicles are at their least efficient.
Rob Lindley, Managing Director, Mitsubishi Motors in the UK said:
“Driving a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV already brings significant environmental benefits but this offer goes the extra mile – or 10,000 miles, to be exact. Only by partnering with OVO Energy could we make such a bold offer and we hope it will successfully drive our shared ambitions of making transport in the UK more sustainable as quickly as possible.”
Tom Pakenham, Director of Electric Vehicles, OVO Energy commented:
“We’re excited to collaborate with Mitsubishi Motors to offer OVO Energy customers the opportunity to earn rewards from smart charging their electric vehicle. Our EV Everywhere bundle helps customers have more control over their total energy usage, with a complete at-home and on-the-go energy solution, enabling zero-carbon driving.”