Every man and woman is born with a different hair colour, texture and thickness. The nature of your hair depends a lot upon genes and how well you take care of it. As we grow older we may begin to experience hair loss for various reasons including hormones and diet.
If you are a victim to hair loss for any of the following reasons, there are many ways to cope that include purchasing a human hair wig or a toupee. With a wig that is natural, and that looks and feels like real hair, it’s much easier to adjust to going through the stages of hair loss. Nevertheless, review these causes and treatments to determine why you might be experiencing hair loss and to help you decide on what is your next course of action. This action could be anything from the use of medicines, or a hair transplant from a company that offers hair transplant denver way, or wherever you are based, to give you some newfound confidence.
- Hereditary hair loss is genetic and is the most common form of hair loss in men and women. The gene can be inherited from your mother or your father. For women, hair loss begins at the hairline and proceeds to develop slowly and then it may increase if your mother has the same condition. Hereditary hair loss may also spread across the scalp. In regards to treatment, there are shampoos that might help such as Rogaine other types of hair supplements from Zang SMP.
- An iron deficiency is a common cause of hair loss especially for women with heavy periods or for those who aren’t consuming enough iron in their diet. With an iron deficiency, you will experience fatigue, weakness, pale skin, hair loss and cold hands and feet. Check with your physician to determine if you have an iron deficiency and if supplements or a change in diet is the answer.
- Hypothyroidism is what many people suffer from and it’s when your body produces too little of the thyroid hormone, which controls your metabolism. This condition has many symptoms including weight gain, fatigue, depression, constipation, hair loss and more. It is most common in women over the age of 50. With simple tests, your GP will be able to tell you if you are a victim of hypothyroidism.
- A skin/scalp condition such as Alopecia is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks your hair follicles and creates round, smooth patches of baldness on the scalp, eyebrows or legs. With this disorder a visit to your doctor would be best. He or she might prescribe you medicine and/or shampoos and scalp creams.
- Excessive styling can be another cause for hair loss. If you are shampooing, styling, brushing or dying your hair too much, you can damage your hair. Along with styling, heat and chemicals weaken the hair and can cause breakage. This is the easiest form of hair loss to treat. Begin by washing your hair only every other day, don’t shampoo the ends and don’t condition the roots, use a wide tooth comb to brush or avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet altogether.